SOUTHWESTERN CHOPPED SALAD WITH CILANTRO
A Tex-Mex style salad with an incredibly creamy Greek yogurt dressing with cilantro!
- 10 oz. cherry/grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked sweet corn
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 large head romaine
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 5 green onions
FOR THE CREAMY CILANTRO-LIME DRESSING:
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- agave & cumin to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (I love the addition of a little cumin, and agave to sweeten!)
- Chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions. Rinse and drain black beans.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy your salad!