LEMON ROSEMARY WHITE BEAN SOUP
This insanely easy Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup takes just eight simple ingredients to deliver a bowl full of rich, bold flavor.
- salt + pepper
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 lemons, juice of 1
- 3 large carrots, sliced or diced
- fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- 4 – 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH dried thyme + rosemary
- 3 cans (15oz) white beans (cannellini, great northern or chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- In a large pot, heat oil or water over medium heat, add onion, carrots, and celery, saute for 7 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the white beans, vegetable broth, tahini, and salt + pepper, give a good stir, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover askew, and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and let cool a bit before serving. The broth will thicken upon standing. Season with more salt, pepper or herbs as desired.
- Serve in individual bowls with fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a little heat. Enjoy yur soup!