HEALTHY SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE
The perfect combination of yellow summer squash, zucchini, quinoa, Greek yogurt and kale! This is a healthy squash casserole that is actually healthy, low in fat, and delicious.
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt divided
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅓ cup. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- ⅓ cup. Panko breadcrumbs gluten-free
- 2 lbs. summer squash zucchini and yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash and zucchini into thin, ¼-inch slices.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over the zucchini and squash slices. Let sit for 10 minutes and then dab to remove excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Alternatively, overlap the zucchini and squash in a row. (See pictures.) You should be able to form 4 rows.
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and squash and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and garlic powder. Toss to combine and then sprinkle over the zucchini and squash.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn heat to a High broil. Broil for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until breadcrumb topping starts to turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley. Enjoy your cooking!