FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE
With less than 10 minutes of practical work and no kneading, the name Ridiculously Easy Focaccia Bread says it all! Almost. It's also ridiculously delicious!
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt I used Maldon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and yeast. Add the warm water, and stir to form a soft and sticky dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- After the dough has chilled, gently shape the dough into a ball with your hands. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the bottom of an 8 inch cake pan and spread it to cover the interior surfaces of the pan. Place the ball of dough in the center of the pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours, or until the dough has expanded to nearly fill the cake pan.
- Toward the end of the rise time, preheat the oven to 450. Remove the plastic wrap from the pan. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the dough, then press your fingers down into the dough, pushing to the bottom of the pan. Repeat until the entire surface of the dough is covered in deep dimples. Sprinkle with the oregano, basil and sea salt.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Enjoy your breakfast!