ENCHILADA SWEET POTATO NOODLES SKILLET
Enjoy this vegetarian pan-fried meal the next time you need a quick weekday dinner.
- 1 large sweet potato (spiralized; roughly 6 loosely packed cups; use the 1/4 inch spacing spiralizer blade)
- 4 corn tortillas (cut into 1/2 inch strips (flour tortillas work too))
- 12 oz corn kernels (340mL/ 12oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 19 oz black beans (540mL/ 19oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- Greek yogurt
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 or so minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Add the sweet potato noodles, and cook, turning frequently with tongs. Cook for approximately 10, until al dente. They should have a bite to them and not be completely soft.
- Make a space in the pan and add the garlic. Cook for one minute.
- Add the black beans, corn, tortillas, enchilada sauce and half of the cheese. Stir until completely combined.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and cover the pan for 5 or so minutes, until cheese is melted and the enchilada sauce bubbles.
- Serve with optional toppings listed. Enjoy your dinner!