EASY PUFF PASTRY CHEESE TWISTS
These flaky cheese straws are perfect for a party appetizer that will be a crowd pleaser. Flavored with Gruyere and Parmesan, they are really easy to prepare and disappear in a flash
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat an oven to 220°C (430°F)
- In a bowl, mix the shredded cheese, grated parmesan, garlic, salt, and oregano.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg across the puff pastry.
- Place the cheese mix over half of the puff pastry sheet.
- Fold the pastry in half and brush with some beaten egg.
- Place the rest of the cheese mix over the half.
- Cut the pastry into 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide strips.
- Twist the strips slightly and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until you have done all the strips.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the twists with the egg.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once golden browned, remove and allow to cool. Enjoy your cooking!