DOUBLE BERRY PUFF PANCAKE
If you like thick stacks of pancakes, you'll love this deep pan pancake. It's soft, chewy, and light, with the texture of pancakes and it's filled with berries. This is a perfect brunch recipe because it feeds a crowd and you can put it in the oven about 45 minutes before it's ready to serve.
- powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup halved raspberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a blender or hand mixer to combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat on the stove. Add the butter and melt. Pour the batter into the skillet, then scatter the berries on top. Put the pan in the oven, and bake until puffed and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve, topped with powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, as desired. Enjoy your breakfast!