DETOX SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SOUP
It is packed with vegetables and lean protein. Excellent soup to cleanse your body, reduce water weight and also reduce inflammation.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cans Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 14.5 ounces "fire roasted" crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Set a large 6-8 quart pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add whole raw chicken breasts, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, all the spices, carrots, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the chopped cabbage and broccoli to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with a generous amount of diced avocado on top! Enjoy your soup!