CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This creamy chicken noodle soup is quick and easy to make! It's filled with tender grated chicken, plump noodles, and healthy veggies.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 sticks celery chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 generous cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots peeled & chopped finely
- Saute the the celery, carrots, and onion with the butter & oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir until the flour has dissolved. Add in the chicken, Italian seasoning, and cream. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a slight boil. Cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar.
- Reduce the heat so it's simmering gently. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and cover the pot again (lid slightly ajar) for a further 8-10 minutes. I like to stir it halfway just to ensure the noodles aren't sticking.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and cut it up, then add it back in again and season the soup with salt & pepper to taste, and stir in the fresh parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy your soup!