CORN DOG MUFFINS
These corn muffins are a crowd pleaser, especially with the kids.
- 6 beef hot dogs cut into 4 equal pieces
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 400° and spray 24 cup mini-muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking soda. Create a well in the middle of the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, milk and eggs. Pour wet ingredients into the well and, with a wooden spoon, gently stir until incorporated into dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Stream in butter and stir gently mixed.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cavity, and insert a piece of hot dog directly in the center. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack for 5 minutes, and have ready a clean dish towel laid across the counter. After the muffins have cooled slightly and the pan is cool enough to handle, turn muffins over on the towel. Serve alongside yellow mustard or ketchup. Enjoy your cooking!