BEEF NOODLE CASSEROLE
This beef noodle casserole is perfect when there is a busy day because you can make it ahead of time.
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 12 ounces egg noodles uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef I use 90% lean
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add the egg noodles and cook according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until onion has softened and beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes and Italian seasoning to the beef and stir to combine.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pan with the beef; toss to combine.
- Pour the beef and noodle mixture into a 9"x13" baking pan that's been coated in cooking spray. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Enjoy your dinner!