BANG BANG CHICKEN PASTA
This bang bang pasta is ready in about 50 minutes with an addictive no-cook sauce that is easy to make.
- spray oil
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 red pepper, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), diced
- 1/4 cup (4 tbs) of Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup (4 tbs) of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (240ml) of low sodium chicken stock
- fresh chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 500g (17.50z) of chicken breast (raw), sliced thinly
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat with spray oil.
- Add the chicken, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- Fry until lightly browned, remove and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with some more spray oil
- Add the onion and a little bit of the stock to deglaze the pan.
- Fry the onion until translucent and softened.
- Add the garlic and continue to fry for a further 1 min.
- Add the zucchini and red pepper. Stir to combine
- Add back in the chicken and stock and simmer to reduce down a little.
- In the meantime cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente and drain.
- Add the sriracha sauce to the chicken and vegetables, stir to combine.
- Add the pasta, cream cheese and sweet chilli sauce.
- Toss till combined and the sauce is lovely and creamy and velvety (couple of minutes).
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste if needed, stir through some chopped parsley or cilantro. Enjoy your cooking!