BALSAMIC STEAK GORGONZOLA SALAD WITH GRILLED CORN
With perfectly grilled steak, grilled corn, tomatoes, blue cheese. Say goodbye to boring salads! So good!
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lb sirloin steak
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 heads endive lettuce, outer leaves removed, halved and roughly chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling corn
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 corn on the cob, husk removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups mixed spring greens
FOR THE GREMOLATA
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, minced
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Marinate the steak: In a medium size bowl, stir together ingredients for the marinade. Place steaks in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the steaks, seal the bag, and shake to coat. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the gremolata: Combine the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan at medium-high heat or an outdoor grill. Drizzle corn on the cob with 1 tablespoon olive oil and liberally sprinkle salt and pepper. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form on the corn kernels and they are somewhat softened, about 10 minutes total. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob.
- Remove the steak from the fridge. Place on the grill or grill pan. Grill both sides 4-5 minutes for rare to medium rare. Remove steak to a plate and let rest for five minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Toss together half of the vinaigrette, half of the gremolata, mixed greens, endives, tomatoes, gorgonzola, sliced corn, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Lay sliced steak on top of salad. Drizzle steak and salad with gremolata and remaining vinaigrette as desired. Enjoy your salad!