SKILLET APPLE PIE BISCUITS
Imagine a hot apple pie meeting the perfect southern cookie and they had the cutest baby! Discover the apple pie and pan cookie bites! They are gooey and sweet and the perfect thing to eat!
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 21 oz can premium apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup walnut or pecan pieces
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits thawed or Easy Cream Biscuits
- 2-3 Tbsp cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Melt the butter, and brush on all sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended.
- Dip each biscuit in the butter, and sprinkle all sides with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange side by side in the skillet.
- Cut the apples in the pie filling into smaller pieces, and mix in 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla. Arrange over the biscuits.
- Pour the remaining butter over all and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and puffy.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and cream until smooth. May double, if desired. Drizzle on top. Serve immediately. Enjoy your dessert!