WHITE BBQ CHICKEN SUBS
Thin slices of chicken sautéed with peppers, onions and mushrooms and loaded with cheese served with a roll of hoagie.
White BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh cracked white pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Creole mustard
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- About 1/2 cup white BBQ sauce more for dipping or drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 large shallots sliced
- 2 French bread subs
- 6-8 chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients for the white BBQ sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook chicken tenders in a saute pan with some salt and pepper, until done. Add shallots about half way through cooking the chicken.
- Let chicken tenders cool until it can be handled. Chop chicken and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add cooked onions, cheese and white BBQ sauce to the chicken. Mix well.
- Slice bread in the middle to stuff it. (Don't cut all the way through.)
- Divide chicken mixture between the subs.
- Sprinkle some more cheese over the top.
- Place subs on a baking sheet and pop them under a broiler until cheese is melted. (Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.)
- You can drizzle a little more white BBQ on top and serve right away. Enjoy your cooking!