SWEET POTATO SKINS
These healthy sweet potato skins are stuffed with sweet potato puree, chickpeas, spinach and mozzarella cheese. So delicious!
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 cup ketchup
Sweet Potato Skins:
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey or chicken, shredded or chopped
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 3-4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 3 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream for serving, optional
- 3-4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together ingredients for barbecue sauce (or use your favorite bottled sauce). Refrigerate any leftover sauce for other uses.
- Wash and gently scrub sweet potatoes. Trim ends to allow steam to escape--do not prick.
- Cook in microwave 7-8 minutes or until tender. Cool until able to handle easily.
- Cut each potato into quarters. Gently scoop out potato pulp from each skin, leaving about one-half inch of potato pulp in each. (Save removed potato pulp for other uses.)
- Place potato skins on a foil lined baking sheet. Gently prick or fluff the potato pulp in each skin with a fork. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on each, then drizzle each with 1/4 teaspoon of maple syrup.
- Combine the turkey or chicken with barbecue sauce. Evenly divide meat on top of each potato skin. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, if desired. Enjoy your cooking!