SUMMER SQUASH & ONIONS
Summer squash and onions are an easy summer side dish. Frying the squash really brings out its sweetness.
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 large or 2 small sweet onions, chopped or sliced
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning, any flavor
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped or sliced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt like Accent
- 3 yellow squash, chopped or sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter is melted, add the chopped onions and sauté until crisp tender and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the squash, zucchini, tomatoes with juice, pepper, salt and Mrs. Dash.
- Heat until boiling. Cover and cook over medium-low until the squash is crisp tender but not falling apart. Remove the lid and boil until some of the liquid is evaporated.
- If freezing for later use, cook only a few minutes to mix all ingredients, cool and freeze. Enjoy your healthy food!