SPICY HONEY ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Spice up your holiday table with these Honey Chipotle Brussels Sprouts. They are roasted in the oven, then drizzled with honey-chipotle sauce in the last minutes of cooking for a spicy touch on a classic.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large bowl combine the brussels sprouts, olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss together to coat. Dump the brussels sprouts onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast for approximately 20 minutes or until the edges are crisp and brown. Halfway through the cooking time give them a toss to ensure that they brown and roast evenly.
- In a small bowl add the lime zest, juice and honey. Microwave for 10 seconds so the mixture can easily be whisked together.
- Return the roasted brussels sprouts to the large bowl and pour the honey lime mixture over them. Toss to coat and serve immediately. Enjoy your cooking!