SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE
This shrimp salad is a mixture of tender shrimps, fresh vegetables, dill and seasonings, all coated with a creamy vinaigrette. An easy to prepare, high protein and easy to prepare breakfast option!
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 1 cup celery (finely diced)
- 1/2 red onion (finely minced)
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the quartered lemon to the water.
- Place nearby a large bowl filled halfway with ice water.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink and opaque.
- Transfer the shrimp to the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the shrimp then pat dry.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the shrimp, celery, red onion, in a medium salad bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. Enjoy your salad!