PINEAPPLE CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES
These sandwiches are always welcome at lunchtime around our house. Sweet pineapple and crunchy pecans are nice additions to ordinary chicken salad
Pineapple Chicken Salad
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple drained well (reserve 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1 rotisserie chicken 4 cups chunked chicken
- 1 small bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1½ cups halved red grapes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice from when you drained the pineapple
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all the chicken salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together to combine.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl combine all the creamy dressing ingredients. Stir together with a whisk or you you can use a handheld blender to beat it. Pour the dressing into the chicken salad mixture and stir together until combined and mixed well.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. This chicken salad does really well in the fridge without drying out at all, so it can even be made ahead of time too. Serve in croissants, rolls, or other bread of choice. Enjoy salad!