PINA COLADA BREAD PUDDING
There are many substitutions that can be made in this recipe, so it's easy to customize it to suit your tastes and the ingredients you may have on hand.
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple , drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced cherries (maraschino)
- 1 lb loaf french , brioche or challah bread
Vanilla Rum Sauce:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Tbs rum
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place your bread into large bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together your coconut milk, milk, eggs, pineapple, cherries and coconut and whisk until combined.
- Pour your milk mixture over your bread and stir to coat, let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In greased 8"x8" or 9"x9" baking dish spread your bread pudding mixture and smooth out top, cover with tinfoil and bake for about 1.5 hours or until center is set.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile to make your vanilla rum sauce in sauce pan on medium high melt your butter and stir in your milk.
- In small bowl whisk together your sugar and cornstarch and add to your milk mixture and reduce heat slightly and stir until your sauce begins to thicken.
- Once thick add in your vanilla and rum and stir to combine.
- Pour over your bread pudding and serve.
- Add additional sauce over individually cut slices if desired. Enjoy your pudding!