LOADED COWBOY QUESO DIP
Loaded Rotel Dip is the ultimate Super Bowl appetizer. This easy Rotel dip recipe is filled with Velveeta, beer, chili, black beans, Rotel and sausage!
- 1 14.5 oz. can Rotel Tomatoes partially drained
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale or your favorite kind of beer
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- Salt and pepper, to tasre
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- In a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble thé ground méat, adding in desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Once it’s nice and brown, drain any excess grease, toss in the crushed red pepper flakes and add the beer. Let the beer reduce for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir in thé beans, red onions, and cilantro. Add the tomatoes and some of the juice from the can, only if you want it to be a little thinner in consistency. If you've already reached your desired level of thickness, don't add any juice. Enjoy your soup!