KIELBASA POTATO SALAD
Hot pan potato salad with smoked sausage, red potatoes, ripe olives and Italian vinaigrette.
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb Kielbasa, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz jar pepperoncini chopped
- 2 large red peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 4 oz can chopped olives, only used about 2.
- 10-12 medium red potatoes, cut into 1" cubes (do not peel)
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain water and leave in pan to cool off enough to handle.
- In a saucepan, boil eggs until done. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel, chop and add to large mixing bowl.
- While the potatoes and eggs are boiling, slice the kielbasa in half and then slice again into 1/4" pieces. Place kielbasa in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of water and cook on low, turning occasionally until done.
- Rub a little oil on the red peppers and roast over open flame until charred. Put into an air tight container for about 10 minutes. Peel off skin and chop, add to bowl.
- Cube potatoes into 1" squares, add to bowl.
- Add the juice from the pepperoncini and the remaining ingredients, stir and serve warm (no need to put in the oven since the potatoes are still warm, however, can place in oven on 200° until ready to serve. Cover with foil so it doesn't dry out.
- Also good served cold. Enjoy your salad!