INSTANT POT JAMBALAYA SOUP
This Jambalaya soup recipe can be made with shrimp, chicken, Andouille sausage.
- 1 12 oz package smoked sausage sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces.
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper add more for more heat!
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes reduce for less heat
- diced scallions/green onions for garnish
- 1 lb shrimp thawed if previously frozen
- 1 16 oz package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Turn Instant Pot to "saute" mode. Heat olive oil for 1 minute. Add in onions, peppers, and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and beginning to soften.
- Add in sliced sausage, diced tomatoes, broth, and spices. Lock lid and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot powder + water to create a slurry. This will help to thicken the soup a bit.
- Manually release the pressure. Hit "cancel/keep warm", then turn to "saute" mode. Bring to a boil, then add in the frozen cauliflower rice and thawed shrimp. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through and the cauliflower rice is tender. Add in slurry and stir to thicken. Serve topped with hot sauce and green onions. Enjoy your soup!