HEALTHY SEAFOOD CHOWDER
This creamy and healthy seafood chowder is not too heavy, filled with fresh vegetables and lean seafood and is ready in 45 minutes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into chunks
- 4 bottles (8 ounce each clam juice)
- 1 large bulb fennel, cored and sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Melt butter or ghee in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and fennel; cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, clam juice, water, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetable are just tender, 10 minutes.
- Add cod and shrimp; simmer, covered, until opaque, 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy your soup!