EASY BEEF BULGOGI BOWLS
It is an excellent recipe for the summer because it is cooked fairly quickly and requires no cooking time. Yeah!
FOR THE BEEF BULGOGI:
- 2 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce or Gochujang Chili Sauce, or more to taste
- 2 pounds ribeye or top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
FOR ASSEMBLING THE BOWLS:
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought kimchi
- 1 English cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 fried eggs
MAKE THE BEEF BULGOGI:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and shallots.
- Add the sliced beef to the bowl with the marinade and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate the beef for a minimum of 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil then using a slotted spoon, add the marinated beef, searing it quickly on all side and being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Transfer the beef to a plate.
ASSEMBLE THE BOWLS:
- Divide the rice among four serving bowls and top it with the beef bulgogi.
- Top each bowl with a fried egg, a portion of kimchi and cucumber ribbons. Serve immediately. Enjoy your dinner!