COCONUT FLOUR KETO CREPES
Coconut flour pancakes are easy gluten-free pancakes perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth with carbohydrate-free barley!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (1 oz)
- Cooking oil for pan
- 3 large eggs
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl and lightly beat them.
- Add the milk and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the coconut flour and whisk patiently until very smooth. This will take a few minutes.
- Allow the batter to thicken for 1-2 minutes, then whisk again.
- Heat a small, 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour a scant 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet. Swirl to spread. Cook until the top is bubbly and the bottom is set, 2-3 minutes.
- Using a wide spatula, or two regular spatulas, as shown in the video, very carefully flip the crepe – it’s not as sturdy as a wheat flour crepe so work carefully.
- Cook the second side briefly – it will be done in 30 seconds to 1 minute, then slide the cooked crepe onto a plate.
- Spray the skillet again and continue cooking crepes until all the batter is gone. Pile the cooked crepes on top of each other on a plate and cover them loosely with foil to keep them warm.
- Fill the crepes with your choice of filling, or simply sprinkle them with sugar or powdered sugar (or a low carb alternative), and serve. Enjoy your breakfast!