CHICKEN CUCUMBER SALAD
The quick and simple chicken cucumber salad is a perfect salad to prepare at any time of the day!
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shelled and cooked edamame
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 cups arugula, packed
Make The Parsley Pesto:
- Place the pesto ingredients (parsley, spinach, lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon toasted pine nuts, grated Parmesan cheese, smashed garlic and salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process the ingredients until they are smooth. With the food processor running, add the olive oil through the spout at the top of the food processor in a slow steady stream to the ingredients in the processor bowl. Process until the ingredients are smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place the 4 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken, 2 cups cooked edamame, the drained and rinsed chickpeas ,1 cup chopped cucumber and 4 cups arugula in a large bowl. Add the pesto to the bowl and toss the ingredients to combine them.
- To serve, divide the arugula between 4 plates, top the arugula with the chicken mixture. Top the salad with the remaining toasted toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately. Place any leftovers covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Enjoy your salad!