CHERRY BAKEWELL CUPCAKES
If you love Bakewell pies, you will love these adorable almond and cherry cupcakes.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 175 g Self Raising Flour
- 175 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- Glace Cherries
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 300 g Bakewell Icing Sugar
- 150 g Unsalted Butter (not stork)
- Cherry/Strawberry/Raspberry Jam
- Preheat your oven to 170C/160CFan and Line a 12 Hole Muffin Tray with Large Cupcake Cases/Muffin Cases
- Cream together the Butter and Caster Sugar with an electric beater till smooth
- Add in the Beaten Eggs, Flour, and Almond Extract and beat again for about about 20-30 seconds on a Medium Speed – it really doesn’t take too long, you don’t want to overheat it!
- Once combined, spoon into your Cases and Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through! Remove the cupcakes from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cakes are cool, make the frosting – beat the softened Butter until smooth – this can take a couple of minutes.
- Add in the Icing Sugar 1/2 at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated until moving on! I use my KitchenAid for Frostings as the machine can make it so much lighter and fluffier!
- Once all of the Sugar is in the Frosting mix, add in the almond extract and keep on beating until you reach your desired consistency! If the mixture is really thick and not pipeable, add in a tablespoon or two of Whole Milk or Boiling Water to loosen!
- To decorate your cupcakes, cut out the middle of the cupcake (like you would for a butterfly cake) and put in a teaspoon of your chosen Jam in the middle! Pipe on your frosting, I use a large star tip, and swirl it all up.
- Sprinkle on some sprinkles, I used some mini pearls and some freeze dried raspberries, and then add your Glacé Cherry to the top. Enjoy your cake!