CARROT CAKE With CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
A bite of this cake will make you dive again for seconds and thirds.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup loosely packed grated peeled carrots
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (80g) powdered sugar sifted
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, and egg until well combined. Stir in flour mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold in grated carrots. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Place cake (in pan) on a cooling rack, and cool completely before frosting, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add sifted powdered sugar and salt and whisk until well-combined and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cake. Chilling before serving is optional but recommended. Serve cake in the baking dish and store covered in the refrigerator. Enjoy your cake!