BEST SUMMER CHERRY TOMATO SALAD
This summer cherry tomato salad is made with ripe cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, herbs and red onions, all mixed with a light garlic and herb vinaigrette. A fun interpretation of the classic caprese salad!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar good quality
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped fine
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced red onions in a salad mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season with crushed peppers and salad to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped basil leaves.
- Gently toss everything together.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for about an hour before serving.
- Serve the salad with your favorite grilled meat. Enjoy your salad!