BASIL CHICKEN WITH COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
This coconut curry chicken is one of the best curries I have ever eaten! The sauce begins with coconut milk with jalapeño and red onion. It's not too spicy, but it has tons of flavors!
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3-4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cream
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl.
- Stir together curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and chili powder. Sprinkle over chicken, tossing to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, basil, ginger, garlic and jalapeno, until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 5-6 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine coconut milk, cream and cornstarch and whisk well to combine.
- Carefully add to skillet, whisking vigorously.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes. Serve over hot rice. Enjoy your dinner!