AMISH PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD
This Amish peanut butter recipe, aka Church Spread was pretty much a staple in our house.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- Combine the sugar, water and butter in a medium size saucepan. Place the saucepan over high heat, stir and cook the ingredients until they come to a boil.
- Stir the corn syrup into the ingredients in the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the ingredients for 1 - 2 minutes then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the peanut butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla to the pan, stir the ingredients together until they are well combined. Refrigerate the Amish Peanut Butter Spread for 30 minutes or until thickened. Enjoy your breakfast!