ALFREDO SALMON PASTA
Alfredo pasta with salmon, an amazing recipe of less than 30 minutes, perfect for a lazy day when you want something delicious, but don't worry about cooking something too complicated. It requires minimal preparation and only a few ingredients and can make even a picky eater happy. It really ticks all the boxes.
- ¾ cup / 185 ml freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or parmesan
- 1 small shallot (US) / eschallot (Australia), very finely minced
- 6-7 oz / 180 - 200g hot smoked salmon fillet , flaked
- 3 tbsp / 50g unsalted butter
- ½ cup / 125 ml heavy cream
- Good grind of black pepper
- 8 oz / 250g dried fettuccine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Extra Parmigiano Reggiano
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente (still firm but just cooked through). (Note 6)
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a deep fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add the cream and bring to boil. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the fry pan from the heat and stir through the Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and pepper until the sauce is smooth.
- TAKE OUT 1/2 cup of pasta water PLUS scoop out an extra mug (extra, just in case). Then drain the pasta in a colander.
- Transfer the pasta and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water into the fry pan with the sauce. Add salmon. Return the fry pan to the stove over medium heat. Toss very gently to coat the pasta in the sauce and allow the sauce to emulsify (Note 6) for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, until the sauce coats the pasta - there should be no sauce pooled at the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh parsley, if using. Enjoy your dinner!