These creamy and tasty vegan spaghetti have a sweet finish. The prunes combined with the olives give the vegan dish a fleshy texture similar to a traditional meaty spaghetti recipe.
- salt, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can chickpeas
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- one 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup black olives, cut into rings
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts in oil, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti (regular, whole wheat, or brown rice spaghetti)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat some oil in a large pan and sauté the chopped onion for about 3 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and season with dried basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, drain and rinse the chickpeas and roughly chop the artichokes. Cut the olives into rings.
- Add the chickpeas, artichokes, black olives, and capers to the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti and serve immediately. Enjoy your dinner!