VEGAN NO-BAKE MINI CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKES
The vegan chocolate cheesecakes without baking are a simple and elegant dessert! Vegan and dairy free with a paleo and gluten free option!
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder OR cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp coconut oil, if needed
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup cacao powder OR cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
cherry compote/stewed cherries or strawberry
- 4 cups frozen organic tart cherries or strawberry
- In a food processor, pulse together the walnuts/pecans, coconut, dates, cacao/cocoa powder, and salt until crumbly. When you press a small amount between your fingers, it should hold together. If it does not, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and pulse again until it sticks together.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Evenly divide the nut/date/coconut mixture between the 12 muffin cups and press in firmly with your fingers. The more firmly you press it in, the better!
- In a high speed blender, blend together the cashews, maple syrup, milk, melted cacao butter, cacao powder/cocoa powder, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt until very smooth. This will take a couple of minutes, so be patient and plug your ears or wear ear plugs to protect your eardrums! Once smooth, divide it evenly between the 12 little crusts in the muffin cups.
- Transfer the entire muffin pan into the freezer and freeze the cheesecakes for 3-4 hours, or until mostly firm. Be sure to remove them from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving to soften; otherwise, you’ll have more of an ice cream cake than a velvety cheesecake!
- If desired, make the cherry compote/stewed cherries by simmering the cherries over medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until they’ve cooked down to half their original volume. Strain off excess liquid as needed.
- Top individual cheesecakes with a spoonful of cherry compote and serve. Leftover cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy your dessert!