Strawberry Pretzel Pie
The strawberry pretzel salad is a classic easy dessert that never goes out of fashion. A combination of savory pretzels, a layer of rich cream cheese and fresh strawberries is combined to create the perfect dessert for a picnic or potluck!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- Place pretzels in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add butter and sugar; pulse until combined. Reserve 1/3 cup pretzel mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop half the strawberries; hull the remaining berries and reserve for topping. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Beat marshmallow cream, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk into cooled gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in chopped strawberries and whipped cream. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 4-6 hours. Beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form; spread over pie. Top with reserved strawberries and pretzel mixture. Enjoy your dessert!