Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake
This Alfredo pasta cooking with smoked sausage was so easy to prepare. All you need to do is start by boiling a can of your favorite pasta. Cook it until it is al dente. Put it under cold water and let it sit until you are ready.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (12 oz) fully cooked smoked sausage, any variety
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente; drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, then stir in half and half.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Slice sausage into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the sauce, along with the chopped parsley and cooked pasta. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Preheat broiler. Pour the pasta mixture into a lightly greased, 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden. Enjoy your dinner!