SOUTHWEST SHRIMP SALAD
The grilled shrimp salad filled with corn and lettuce gives you a hearty dinner, ready in 25 minutes. Perfect if you like Southwestern cuisine.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 - 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 - 8 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- ½ half cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 - 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- juice and zest of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- In a small bowl or cruet, combine the sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, oil, honey, and taco seasoning. Stir or shake to combine. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Place the shrimp in a container with a lid. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the shrimp. Place the lid on the container. Shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium flame. Add shrimp to the pan, making sure they lie flat and do not overlap. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the side touching the pan starts to turn pink. Flip the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the shrimp to cool.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, peppers, onion, avocado, and tomatoes. Add shrimp and cheese.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and toss. Enjoy your salad!