SLICED POTATO CAKE
One of those meals that will hit the spot, feeds a crowd economically, looks good and is easy to make and some good waxy potatoes.
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 12 lbs. potatoes
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice them into very thin slices (preferably with a mandoline).
- Place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add the oil, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Using your hands, mix gently, making sure all of the slices are seasoned.
- Add the Parmesan and mix gently.
- Place parchment paper onto a large baking sheet and place a 10″ Springform Pan without the bottom on top. Add the potato mixture inside and spread it nicely. Remove the Springform Pan ring.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for about 50-55 minutes, until the potatoes look golden brown and are cooked through. Enjoy your cooking!