Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Shrimp and langoustine pizza topped with a light garlic and lemon sauce, shrimp and cheese.
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is just cooked through, about a minute per side, before adding the lemon juice and removing from the heat.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet, spread the shrimp and the lemon butter-garlic sauce over and sprinkling on the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 500F/260C oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and let cool. Enjoy your cooking!