sheet pan blackened salmon
Pan dinners are a magic miracle on weeknights. While your creation is roasting.
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 salmon fillets (5-6 ounce)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- juice of 1-2 lemons, to your liking
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved if large
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
AVOCADO GODDESS SAUCE
- kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- fresh dill, for serving
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, plus more for serving
- juice from 1 lemon, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place the salmon on a plate and drizzle with honey. Add the paprika, cumin, garlic, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rubbing the seasonings and oil evenly into each filet.
- Remove potatoes from oven and push them to one side of pan. Put salmon on the other side. Return pan to oven and roast for 10 to 20 minutes more, until salmon reaches desired doneness and potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, make the goddess sauce. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to thin the sauce.
- To serve, spread the goddess sauce onto plates. Add the brown rice, potatoes, salmon, and feta. If desired, squeeze a drop of lemon juice over salmon and serve with fresh basil. Enjoy your dinner!