SEAFOOD PHYLLO CUPS APPETIZERS
Baked crab bites are a simple seafood appetizer served in a crisp cup of phyllo dough
- salt & pepper
- 16 phyllo sheets
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 oz crab meat, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded four cheese, or your fav cheese
- Coat mini muffin pan with baking spray (or butter). Set aside.
- Chop the shrimp and crab into small pieces.
- Finely chop green onion and dill.
- Add all the ingredients (minus the phyllo sheets) and to a bowl, mix well. (Season lightly with salt and pepper).
- Take two phyllo sheets and lay them out (one on top of the other). Cut into four strips.
- Take each strip and cut into three. (There will be 12 squares .)
- Each strip (consisting of the 3 squares just cut) with make one phyllo cup. Take the first square (two thin sheets) and lay them out. Place the second square on top, and the third on top of the second. You will need a total of 6 squares for one phyllo cup. (See photos)
- Take the stack just created and place it into the mini muffin. Some of the phyllo sheets should extend onto the sides of the pan. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets
- Generously brush melted butter over phyllo sheet cups.
- Add the seafood mixture into each phyllo cup. Repeat with remaining seafood mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven to 355°F for 20-25 minutes, until phyllo sheets are golden in color and cheese is melted. Enjoy your cooking!