SAVORY YOGURT BOWL with SLICED VEGGIES and FRIED MUSTARD SEEDS
Savory Yogurt Bowl is a healthy and nutritious breakfast menu for intense daily activities.
For the yogurt:
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
For the vegetables:
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
For the toppings:
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir the yogurt and salt together, cover, and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers, carrots, and radishes with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate.
- Either ahead of time or just before serving, heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mustard seeds and salt. Cook, shaking the pan gently, just until the seeds start to pop, about 1 minute. Quickly add the garlic and remove from the heat; nudge the garlic with a spoon to prevent browning (it should sizzle in the hot oil, even off of the heat). After 1 minute, transfer to a small bowl to prevent the spices from burning. Cool briefly before using.
- To assemble, divide the salted yogurt between 2 bowls. Arrange the vegetables around the yogurt and drizzle each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the mustard and oil mixture. Top with the cilantro and scallions. Enjoy your breakfast!