ROASTED CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
For convenience, we request a low-salt canned chicken broth.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Enjoy your soup!