RASPBERRY VANILLA CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKES
This delicious frosting has a wonderful berry flavor and sweet.
FOR THE CUPCAKE BATTER
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
FOR THE RASPBERRY COMPOTE
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- a little milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar, powdered sugar
TO PREPARE THE CUPCAKE BATTER
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients in three equal portions, alternately with the milk.
- When adding dry and wet ingredients alternately in any baking recipe, always begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter evenly into paper lined muffin pans.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Watch them carefully, you will not want to over bake these cupcakes, as soon as the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack once you have removed them from the pan.
TO PREPARE THE RASPBERRY COMPOTE
- Slowly simmer the berries and sugar over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the water and slowly pour into the boiling berries stirring constantly until thickened. Cool completely to room temperature.
TO PREPARE THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Blend together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and butter, then slowly add the icing sugar adding a little milk (a tablespoon or two) with it until all the icing sugar is used and the icing is a smooth, creamy, spreadable consistency. Use only enough milk to get it to this point.
TO FILL AND FROST THE CUPCAKES
- When the cupcakes are completely cool fill them with Raspberry Compote. Using a piping bag with a large star or a large round piping tip, fill the center of the cupcakes from the top pushing the tip to the middle of the cupcake and squeezing as you retract the tip. Do not overfill.
- Pipe or spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cupcakes after they are filled. Enjoy your cupcake!