QUICK RHUBARB CAKE
This rhubarb cake uses an all-in-one method, so it's quick and easy to prepare. Wonderful served hot as a pudding with cream, custard or creme fraiche, or just as delicious with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar , plus 2 tbsp for top of rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix eggs and 2/3 cup of sugar until light.
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and milk.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 8 or 9 inch cake pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread diced rhubarb around the top of the batter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Enjoy your cake!