Peanut Butter and Jelly Traybake
Nadiya's all-American baking dish is made with peanut butter and jam. Serve with an extra spoonful of jam, Greek yogurt and fresh raspberries as an accompaniment.
- 3 tbsp crunchy/smooth peanut butter
- 3 heaped tbsp jam of your choice
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- cooking oil spray
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 170ml whole milk
- 250g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- Start by putting the jam into a microwave-safe bowl and heating it in 10-second bursts, stirring each time until the mixture is simply liquid enough to swirl around – we’re not trying to warm it up. Repeat this process with the peanut butter (make sure to avoid putting in too much oil from the jar as this will just make the pancakes greasy). Set both aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C. Spray a brownie tin (approx. 18cm x 23cm) with cooking oil.
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl and whisk together. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, along with the eggs and oil. Whisk together until you have a thick batter. If time is even shorter you can make the batter in advance and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Pour the batter into the prepared brownie tin and spread out evenly. Take dollops of the jam and spoon them in sporadically, then do the same for the peanut butter. With the end of a spoon, swirl the dollops together slightly to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. As soon as the surface of the pancake looks shiny and not wobbly anymore, they are ready. Remove from the oven and cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- These are great on the go, but you can also freeze any leftover squares in clingfilm. Enjoy yoour cake!