OLIVE GARDEN SALAD
This Olive Garden salad recipe with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions and croutons, all washed down with a creamy Italian vinaigrette. Serve this salad as a hearty accompaniment, or add grilled chicken to make it a meal!
- 1/2 cup whole black olives
- 6 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup garlic-herb flavored croutons
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 of 1 large red onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons good quality full-fat mayo
- Coarsely chop the lettuce, wash and throughly dry. Place lettuce in a large bowl. Top the salad with black olives, thinly sliced tomatoes, very thinly sliced red onion, and pepperoncini.
- In a large mason jar add all the dressing ingredients: 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon white sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons mayo, and salt & pepper to taste. Put on the lid and shake to combine. It might take a minute of good vigorous shaking, but the mayo should completely integrate (keep shaking until it does). If you have time, make this ahead and chill in the fridge to intensify the flavors. Shake again right before mixing in to the salad.
- Right before eating, toss the salad with the dressing. Add the croutons and freshly grated Parmesan cheese right on top and enjoy immediately.