LOW CARB CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME
The legendary Taco Bell Crunchwrap filled with cheap beef and crispy tortilla skin is now a very easy recipe.
- 1 Cup Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Lettuce shredded
- 1 Head Cabbage cored
- 1 Tomato diced + deseeded
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Low Carb Nacho Cheese
- 1 Pound Ground Beef or ground turkey
- 4 Tablespoons Low Carb Taco Seasoning or 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- Bring a pot of water large enough to submerge your head of cabbage to boil.
- Once boiling, add the cored cabbage, and allow the cabbage to cook for two minutes.
- Use 2 sets of tongs to remove 1 cabbage leaf at a time from the cabbage. If they aren't easy to remove, you'll need the cabbage to cook a little longer. Well need 12 stemmed cabbage leaves for our crunchwraps, so save the center of the cabbage for another recipe.
- Set cabbage aside on a plate while we prep the filling.
- Remove the thick part of the cabbage leaves by sliding a sharp knife over the top.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheddar into flat 4" round circles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes, or until the edges start to brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, breaking up with the back of your spoon into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until completely brown.
- Drain excess fat from the pan, then return pan to heat.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Place 3 cabbage leaves down on a flat surface with the center of the leaves slightly overlapping in the middle.
- Star with a dollop of nacho cheese (or shredded cheddar), then meat, cheese crisp, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and last another dollop of nacho cheese.
- Tear each cabbage leaf in half so it is able to fold more easily, and fold each half in toward the center.
- Cut crunch wrap in half, and enjoy! (I find these are easiest to eat with a fork and knife). Enjoy your cooking!